Now open – see U soon
With the easing of COVID-19 restrictions, we are excited to re-open the U City Function Centre. From 1 July, we can host events for up to 232 people plus staff, in accordance with direction from the State Government.
We have introduced a range of public health measures to comply with current guidelines and health recommendations to help keep our guests and staff safe. You can learn more about the steps we are taking here.
Room features and specifications
|Total floor space||360 m²|
|Flexible function spaces|
|In-built audio visual|
In accordance with the State Government’s guidelines and health recommendations, the below steps are being undertaken at U City to help keep our guests and staff safe:
- We have completed the State Government SA COVID-19 Safe Plan. A summary of our plan and certificate of completion will be displayed at your event.
- Additional signage will be on display to remind guests of the importance of social distancing and good hygiene practices.
- Sanitising stations are located throughout U City and the Function Centre.
- Additional cleaning is undertaken before and after your event to sanitise all touch points.
- A registration desk will be set up for guests upon arrival at each event, including a mandatory public health questionnaire at time of sign-in.
- We have lift capacity limits in place to assist with social distancing practices.
- Catering modifications have been made to ensure compliance at the time of your event.
- Staff will be present at the start of each event to ensure attendance numbers do not exceed the maximum allowance.
- We will continue to take advice from State Government and adapt as required.
We are following the guidelines of the State Government when determining capacities for functions, which is currently one person per 2m2. Please refer to the capacity table for the size of each room.
Explore our function spaces
Our versatile space allows for conferencing, banquets, weddings and other celebrations. Combined with a dedicated pre-function area, it offers the flexibility to accommodate up to 250 people in theatre-style seating, or can be divided into three separate meeting rooms.
Click here to take a virtual tour of the U City Function Centre.
A venue for all
U City’s Function Centre is Adelaide’s newest event space and is the new home of high quality functions, conferences and catering in the heart of the city.
Basking in natural light and conveniently located in the heart of Adelaide, U City’s Function Centre offers adaptable spaces and award-winning catering to ensure your next function is a success.
An innovation of Uniting Communities, the U City Function Centre is the perfect location for your next event in Adelaide. Whether it be a gala dinner or award night, product launch, exhibition or trade show, conference, award ceremony, corporate seminar and business meeting, training workshop, school formal or wedding.
The U City Function Centre is accessible and has a hearing loop.
Giving back to your community
Uniting Communities is a leading not-for-profit organisation supporting the people of South Australia. Host your next event or function at U City knowing that all profits go towards our continued work to provide much needed community services across disability, youth services, aged care, homelessness intervention, family counselling and mental health crisis support through Lifeline Adelaide.
Contact us today to find out more about hosting your next event at the U City Function Centre.
Function Centre rooms and floor plans
The U City Function Centre consists of a large function space that can be split into three separate meeting rooms, with a pre-function space adjoining the main function area.
Click here to view room layouts and floor plans
Please note the room capacities listed below do not reflect current State Government guidelines of 1 person per 2m2. Please call us on 1800 247 365 to discuss your specific requirements and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.